Friday, October 24, 2003

Black People Love Us!

Black People Love Us!


This is funny. It reminds me of the time I got called racist on the phone for not frequenting Sunrise Mall. I was working at the Galleria at Roseville in the customer service booth. This guy, probably a Mexican, called and asked if any stores sold birkenstocks. There are very few at the Galleria, but I told him which did. He then proceeded to ask me if I knew the Birkenstocks store at Sunrise Mall. I replied that I had never been to that mall (I live in downtown Sac and commute to Roseville--which never takes me near that place).

He was flabbergasted. He said, "You're racist."

"What do you mean?" I exclaimed.

"You don't go to Sunrise Mall because you're racist against Mexicans," he charged.

"That's ridiculous," I said, "I'm black, I got nothing against nobody." I thought to myself "Nobody but stupid people anyway."

His retort? "Well, you sound white."




What a dumbass.

No comments: