Wednesday, October 29, 2003

LawMeme - How Direct is Too Direct When It Comes to Hyperlinks?

Diebold Controversy


This may or may not get my blog shut down, but I'm doing it anyway. I think ultimately, free speech will prevail.

You may be aware of the debate surrounding electronic voting machines. They can be easily hacked and results manipulated. The head of the company supplying the bulk of these machines is a staunch Republican. A bit of a conflict of interest, no?

Some intrepid students have exposed company memos at Diebold discussing the shortcomings of electronic voting machines. They are being shut down by their universities, since Diebold sent "cease and desist" letters. I support the students in their efforts to expose this potential subversion of our electoral process, so I'm linking to an article about it here.

No comments: