Monday, November 17, 2003

Busy, Busy, Busy

Busy, Busy, Busy

As I am prone to do, I find myself lately beseiged by a sense of massive insecurity, particularly in my blogging abilities. This is not a ploy for sympathy nor is it angling for compliments. It's just something I cycle through on a regular basis and feel like sharing right now.

A blogger I really like, Damelon--the American in France, is taking a hiatus and reconsidering the purpose of his blog. I'm sad to see him take such a long break, as I really enjoy pretending like I know French, both the language and the culture. However, his rationale for the blogholiday has struck a chord within me.

Which brings me to my point. I don't think deeply enough about anything. I know this. I may or may not have the intellectual capacity to grasp complicated ideas on a deeper level. I have always gravitated towards a certain level of comprehension, sensing somehow that getting to that point is the easy part, and my penchant for distraction and tangent prevents me from really delving into a topic. This is apparent in my blogging. I try to make remarks that pithily encapsulate the essence of whatever it is I'm talking about. Generally I feel like I only half-succeed at this--my posts are part pith and part filler. This is especially evident when I find a site like the one above, which only requires one sentence to make a funny and thought-provoking argument.

No comments: