Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Magic 8 Ball

Magic 8 Ball

Let your life be governed by superstition...

Do you think it's incongruous that I, a scientist of sorts, would engage in such behaviors?

I do. It's terrible. Everytime my odometer hits a palindrome, I make a wish. Clock wishes are restricted to repetition of a single number, in particular, 3:33 and 11:11.

When I was a kid, I was so attuned to the cracks and lines in the sidewalks that I think it impaired my gait.

I've never broken a mirror or walked under a ladder, but I have tried to defy my superstitious nature by opening an umbrella indoors and letting a black cat cross my path.

I am fully aware of the fact that none of these behaviors have anything to do with my fate, but they are so ingrained in my mind that I can't escape them. I can only hope they get better with age...

No comments: