Wednesday, November 26, 2003

turkey day

Thanksgiving


Remember the hokey Thanksgiving lists teachers made us write, along with creating the turkey using a tracing of your hand, and the completely ridiculous pilgrim hats and Indian headdresses? I vaguely remember something about pinecones too. Were there pinecones for you? And pipe cleaners? I used to have such sharp memories of second grade, but they grow fuzzier by the year.

Anyway, this year, I have the most unconfirmed of Thanksgiving plans I've had in ages. I don't actually remember what it was I did last year, but I do remember something involving turkey and gravy. I want to go on the Appetite Enhancement Bike Ride, but I haven't been able to get the bike I am supposed to buy from the ladybug, so I don't know exactly how I am going to participate. The rest of my weekend plans are equally undefined. I think I want to see Shattered Glass and, for posterity's sake, The Matrix: Revolutions. There will be studying for the GRE. Perhaps I will complete my grad school applications, aside from the letters of recommendation. I hope I'll make some headway on the little red scarf I'm supposed to be knitting for Amelie's dog Seamas, and maybe even finish one of the six books I'm simultaneously reading.

For now, I'm off to the Fox & Goose for some good English breakfast. Cheers!

No comments: