Thursday, November 27, 2003

Turkey Jerky


I'm not doing anything related to turkey for Thanksgiving. I missed the bike ride, unable to procure one for use, sadly. Perhaps next year.

Yesterday was weird, because everyone kept asking me whether I was going to see my family for the holidays. I haven't been home for a holiday since December 2000. I can't really go to my parents' house anymore. The place is filthy, smells like cat urine, and induces an allergic reaction in me in about 30 minutes. Not only that, but the emotional trauma of dealing with all the negative attitudes in my house is just not something I feel like I need or want to experience. I can't seem to keep out of the fights my mom and sister want to pick. I know there are normal families where parents and their children get along and are kind and supportive of each other, but mine is just not one of those.

So today, and for the rest of this weekend, I plan to take full advantage of the break from having to drive to work.

To do list


1. See movies
2. Finish labs
3. Redesign "Postcards"
4. Clean room
5. Finish shredding documents
6. Knit that scarf
7. Work on mandala
8. X-mas cards list, design
9. Study for the GRE

I think that's enough.

No comments: