Wednesday, October 06, 2004

backlog

Backlog Abounds


I just looked over the plethora of posts I have yet to finish. This presents a serious dilemma for me, in that my insatiable thirst for new information, and subsequent discussion, is something I think is essential to my well-being. However, there will always be too little time to accomplish everything I want to do, since the list is entirely too long for single humans. The thought of opening this process up to others occurs to me. But I'm too territorial for that, most likely. I think I will start a new section where I just link to things and leave brief comments. That way the information is out there. When I will get time to create such a segment is beyond me, but it seems like a decent solution, long term.

This morning I realized I'd better get my measles vaccine again, for what feels like the umpteenth time. The CSU system requires a record of this particular immunization, likely in part due to the same reason why I've already had the shot three times: the batches in the 70s and early 80s were somehow defective. Of course, I haven't had to inform anyone of my MMR status since I went to college the first time, and I'm certain no record exists that I could get my hands on quickly. This is particularly enervating because when I was 12 or 13, I had to get the shot twice because my incompetent doctor's office forgot to record the first one. Shots are no fun. They make my arm numb for days. I would prefer to avoid them whenever possible. Alas, since I can be denied my grades if I don't cooperate, I'll go to the clinic on the 20th. Good thing they don't require a flu shot, we'd all be screwed.

No comments: