Friday, October 29, 2004

blogger comments

To the people who use blogger for everything


It's bad enough that we have to depend on blogger to post our posts in a timely and efficient manner. Lately, it takes so long to get from the "dashboard" to the "manage posts" screen that I feel stuck in a 1998 dial-up hell. And I have the fastest DSL available to me from SBC. I'm switching to Word Press when I migrate to my new site. Waiting for all these little electronic doohickeys everyone, myself included, likes to paste into their templates is tolerable, as is loading graphics and whatnot.

What I cannot tolerate is how fucking slow blogger comments are. It's great that they added that feature, but it clearly needs more power. I don't know why you people aren't using Haloscan. Sometimes it's on the fritz, but it's a lot faster than blogger's excuse for a comment system.

And since we're on the subject of slow-loading web sites: All you Myspace people with a bunch of crap on your customizeable profile and blog pages? There is this thing called web design. Generally, it means things load fast and are easy to read. There's a seminal book about it. Check it out here.

No comments: