Monday, October 11, 2004

constant neuroses

Relief?


I would really like to be able to accurately gauge my abilities, for once in my life. I'm tired of feeling riddled with guilt, uncertainty and low self-esteem. As you know, I've been absolutely convinced that the paper I turned in for my intro to public policy class last week was a hulking pile of steaming shit. I've been dreading receiving her comments, and I requested feedback sans grades so that I could focus on the deficits in my paper instead of doing the bare minimum to receive an acceptable grade.

So you can imagine my utter surprise when the only comments on my paper were as follows:

"This is an excellent analysis. Very well written and presented in a cohesive package. My only quibble is that this is page 7 and you still needed a tighter closing paragraph. A great job."

What the hell? I swear. I am an idiot savant.

No comments: