Sunday, October 17, 2004

dreams

Re: the post below


I have the most uninspired dreams. Usually, they are simply a replay of the previous day's events, with embellishments for what I would have done differently. After I posted about my hermitous friend below, I dreamt that my friend Greg took it upon himself to email me and explain my problem for me. I've been having friend issues of late. Some say it's my own personality that's at issue, but I'm not one to take all the blame, as it takes two to tango. What quirkiness might emerge in a friendship apropos one person's personality may never make itself known in another situation. I have this tendency to pathologize myself, and I don't need anyone else to do it for me. So anyway, in my dream, Greg emailed me and told me I need to chill the fuck out. This is pretty cool, because that's exactly what he would do. I'm sure I had the dream because I've been feeling like hanging out with my pals in LA. I've been reluctant to see them for the last year because I feel like my appearance has changed so drastically, and I'm not happy about it, as you can imagine. But there comes a point when vanity and anxiety have to go away. Perhaps it's time for a trip to la-la land.

No comments: