Monday, October 18, 2004

Hewlett-Packard - Color Printer/ Copier/ Scanner - psc 1350

Price Discrimination Strikes Again!


Speaking of price discrimination, my coworker saw me on the replay of my class this weekend. Dios mio, how embarassing! Fortunately, he was charmed by my savant ways. As always. Have I mentioned I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog to "Well-trained parrot?" I am.

My printer, a very expensive Epson from 1999 that has never functioned properly, is on its last legs. I decided to give in and buy a new one today. Yesterday I scanned the Best Buy web site in search of a decent multi-function printer. I have little need for a fax, but a scanner would be a nice addition to my collection of e-waste. I found this one, which is reasonably priced at $129 if you add it to the shopping cart. I sent the link to a friend, who suggested I check in the store before purchasing it online. Apparently, they post higher prices on the web than they charge in the store, EVEN THOUGH you can pick up your order in the store. This sounded like a good plan, so I went to BB at lunch and what do you know?

In my cube sits the very same printer, which I purchased for a cool $100.

No comments: