Wednesday, October 20, 2004

nice smile... - m4w

Propinquity


I wrote a pithy post about the positive aspects of knitting at the Naked Lounge every Sunday, and how it was bound to make me new friends and possibly put me in the sphere of cute, dateable boys. (Blogger dumped it. So here's my second try.) In general, I secretly believe it's nothing more than so much wishful thinking, not really an overt strategy. I'm very good at that sort of thing. I'm even better at unrequited crushes. I haven't engaged in any for some time, which I hope means I'm making progress, but it's more likely that I'm just talking myself out of possibilities. I'm good at that too.

Yesterday, cakegrrl showed me this. And wrote a response. And someone else jumped on the bandwagon, unable to pass up the opportunity to lambaste the poor guy's grammar. Though I must admit I noticed it, which was their point. In any case, my tendency towards self-deprecation leads me to assume this person is talking about one of my two friends, not me. Bleh.

No comments: