Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Careers

Careers


The more I think on it, the more I realize I need a job that is better aligned with what I'm studying. I'm not high up enough in my current organization to observe or implement any of the concepts I'm learning in my classes. I'm also not that excited about the work I've been doing. It's thankless drudgery a lot of the time. I already told Alice of my plan, and she's graciously agreed to help keep me on task. However, it occurs to me that I shouldn't be trying to start a new job in the midst of a school year. Perhaps I should be waiting until this summer to find something different. And it doesn't look to be easy either, as this article suggests that there will be many more job seekers entering the market this year. I was thinking about applying to be a staffer for some of the new state legislators. But I haven't a clue about how to go about it. Any capitol-savvy peeps want to help a newbie out? I'd take you out for sushi.

No comments: