Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Electablog* U.S. Ambassador to Cyberspace

Dave Pell over at Electablog has posted his "Election Day Cheat Sheet." It is funny and you should go read it.

Funny election day comments so far:

from heckasac:
"Well, I believed the hype (just like when I bought all those beanie
babies) and I went to vote at 7:00 am fearing long lines. There was
absolutely no line. There were some adorable old people, though. The
best part was when the septugenarian called over the octegenarian to
help her try to use the electronic vote-counting machine. Guess what?
It
was already broken. I was assured that someone would be by to fix it
later. I have purchased a bottle of cava (Spanish sparkling wine) to
open tonight when it is announced that Kerry has won. I have also
implanted a small cyanide capsule in one of my molars so if Bush wins,
I
can simply bite down and end it all. Just kiddin'!"

From Alice:
"Did everyone vote already? (besides Matt, I mean)

Man, I am going to be SO pissed if Bush wins. I honestly think I'll start crying."

My response:
"There will be tearing of hair and rending of garments on my part.
Followed by a frenzied resume writing episode and entreaties for
political asylum in France."

Hello. WHY are we working today? I need to be at home watching CNN, CSPAN, MSNBC, Fox News (for balance, har), and listening to NPR.

Voting day should be a federal holiday. Dammit!

No comments: