Tuesday, November 30, 2004

good news

Report


They take you into a room and tell you to strip, replacing your warm winter garments with a paper robe. So you sit there in your socks with this flimsy piece of material separating you from what can only be described as an igloo of a room. The "Pap room," they call it. Seems to me the "Pap room" could use a space heater!

So my doctor arrives and asks me about the abdominal pain, and mentions two things "kidney stone" and "ovarian cyst." I start babbling about how I really hope it's the second, as I don't have time for kidney stones right now. She pokes me in the side some more and concludes that yes, indeed, it is a ruptured ovarian cyst that should start to subside soon. Apparently, if the pain radiates down the front of your thigh, it's a cyst. Also, there's no treating kidney stone pain with Motrin.

So that's a relief. I got a lot more work done on my NCLB paper while waiting for the doctor. That place is a bit ridiculous sometimes, schedule anything after 8AM and you can expect at least an hour delay before actually speaking with the doctor. But she's the best, so I can't complain too much.

In other news, it is only fitting that the end of my winning streak in fantasy football coincide with the end of Ken Jennings' Jeopardy domination.

No comments: