Thursday, November 18, 2004

posts

Announcements


1. I will be posting the first part of my portion of the NCLB paper here later today. Please have a look if you have a moment. I'm not happy with how it's turning out, but it's a rough draft, so I have time to fix it.

2. Spectronics are weird. Chemistry instruments in general are fascinating, yet boring to write about.

3. I want black, thin-wale corduroys that look good on my hips and my ass. Is that too much to ask?

3. People are way too quick to diss Billy Joel. The man is a pop genius, even if he decries his work now.

4. This Saturday, Alice and I are having a fancy dinner party. If I failed to invite you this time, never fear. I'm sure there will be more.

5. A living wage in California would be hard to determine. It would probably drive jobs out of state if we instituted one. I think I forgot to write that in my homework last night. Good on me for doing my homework one hour before it's due.

6. This Saturday, after the dinner party, I will be going to Old Ironsides for the Knock Knock/Bright Ideas/Knightmares show. I plan to try to maintain a positive and palatable level of inebriation the entire time. Should I drink beer or wine to achieve this?

7. Semesters are interminably long. I'm getting school fatigue and I still have so much to do. Quarters were hard to manage, but I liked getting done so quickly. I have got to figure out how to motivate myself and be more self-disciplined.

8. The fundamental message of the Incredibles was something I disagreed with. Andrew Sullivan wrote about why it was a center-right film. He was right. It basically argued that society is fascist and that lawsuits and litigation were indicative of this. That if only we would stop interfering in people's lives, we would live up to our potential. I love tyranny of the majority. It's just so easy!

No comments: