Sunday, November 14, 2004

total eclipse of the heart

Every now and then I fall apart


I was at the Naked Lounge this morning for my usual knitting session. The same baristas that are usually there were manning the operation this morning. However, this time, instead of simply taking my coffee order and continuing with their barista conversations, they were singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart." A slightly off-key, off-tempo rendition, but nonetheless a pleasant way to begin my morning.

Last night, a group of us went to see The Incredibles. C'est incroyable, mais oui! I enjoyed myself tremendously, but I have the song from the short the precedes the film stuck in my head. Bound, bound, bound and rebound. Go see. You will love it. Eighty bazillion moviegoers can't be wrong.

After the show, me and JM hit the Distillery, but not in time to check out Lyme Regis, my whole impetus for attending. Luckily, the band that played after LR, The Blue Dots, was quite decent. Good actually. The drummer played the drums and trumpet simultaneously. There were keyboards. I heart keyboards.

I need to read a few chapters of the California Performance Review and can't seem to motivate myself to do it. Ah, procrastination my old friend. It will be the death of me on so many levels, in so many ways. I did manage to organize my thoughts long enough to come up with a general outline for my group project on NCLB. What a crazy piece of legislation. I do hope it works in spite of itself.

No comments: