Sunday, December 12, 2004

things I want but can't afford

Expensive Taste


The holidays can be depressing. I'm doing a bit of online gift shopping, and getting waylaid every step of the way by items I'd love to have for myself, but can't afford. It also pains me not be able to lavish my pals with expensive gifts. Of course, I know that the thought is what counts, and I assure you, I put a lot of thought into giving good gifts. It's why I never get anything to anyone on time. The perfect gift either hasn't revealed itself to me yet, or I don't have enough money in the bank to purchase it.

This season, the pallor of frugality is imminent. Not simply because next semester is coming soon and I have books to buy (there is no rest for the weary in the PPA department--read your texts before classes begin again, please), but because I have determined that I cannot stave off a laptop purchase any longer. Unfortunately, this means I have to go with something in the mid-range, instead of the fancypants bluetooth WiFi tablet brain-stem uplink model I'm still holding my breath for. Turning blue is not my idea of fun, but...

If I had a million dollars...

I would buy this computer,

and this car,

and this dress,

and these shoes,

and much much more. Like my apartment complex. Or that house with the red door around the corner from me. I love houses with red doors.

No comments: