Sunday, February 13, 2005

v-day

Goddamn Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day can be so frustrating. I know they don't mean to, but the coupling public has been spending the last two weeks lording their couply status over the single among us, with their conversation hearts and red roses and whitmans samplers. And it's not like anyone's asking me why I have no Valentine. I never have had one and I am generally fine with that until about 3 days before the actual day. Suddenly, all the V-day propaganda begins to invade my consciousness, making me a bit mopey about the whole affair.

I went out last night with a postive feeling, but as usual, it was just a red herring. That's not to say that I didn't have a great evening. It was a warmish night for February--people were wandering J street wrapped up in scarves, but with sandals on their feet. I went to Tonevendor to catch some bands, who didn't materialize until I had other plans. As in, I was hungry and Savvy had invited me over for BBQ. And what sane person could refuse free food? (The salmon I had was fabulous.) After dinner, we tried to go to the fashion show at the Horse Cow, but it was all closed up. Odd.

As usually happens at the end of an evening when we have nothing else to do, we ended up at the Bonn Lair. I got home rather late, and I think my body is a little bitter about being up already.

No comments: