Monday, April 16, 2007

music mania

I will listen to anything


I've been stocking up on tunes that I feel like having. I'm going to see the Fratellis at Harlows in a few weeks with a bunch of Scottish guys (and one Irish woman) and I think it will be fantastic.

I recently ordered three Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five discs from half.com. Aside from "Song for the Dumped," I can't think of a BF/F song I don't love completely. And I like that song, it's just no "Alice Childress."

Then I downloaded the new Timbaland. And an old Nina Simone. And an old Basement Jaxx song. (If my favorite Daft Punk song (Around the World) were available on it's own on iTunes, I'd get that too.)

Not content, I checked the two Mermaid Avenue discs with Billy Bragg and Wilco out of the library and put those on my computer too. And then I ripped my entire Stevie Wonder and Simon and Garfunkel collections to my laptop. I finished the job with some Kronos Quartet, Common, and the Shins.

And then I put it all on shuffle.

It occurs to me that it reflects my brain at any given moment.

No comments: