Wednesday, April 25, 2007

When there's too much to do

I figured out why my usual work/reward system doesn't and cannot work right now. It's very simple and I don't know why it didn't occur to me before. I sat on the couch this morning and picked up my copy of the latest issue of Craft Magazine, removed the plastic sheath, and thought "when I finish my collaborative reading, I'll look at this." Then I realized that after I finished the reading, I had several other things I should do with my time, not the least of which is of course, my thesis. And thus we have the crux of the problem: I simply have more to do in any given day than time to do it. My former motivation system worked because, though I was very busy, there was probably at least 10 hours per week that weren't over-scheduled. I don't get how I worked 3 jobs and had more time, but that seems to be the case.

No comments: