Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Shared interests

When I was first living in Sacramento, I had no friends here. Without friends, I was hard-pressed to find much to do in this town (which has a lot to do with the fact that there was not much to do until 3 years ago), so I went to Los Angeles a lot. Especially after my one Bay Area friend, Greg, moved down there too.

My LA friends are movie-types. They were in the school of radio/tv/film in college and work in "the industry." (Not all of my LA friends (and at this point, not many), but I don't have very many high school chums that I keep up with anymore.) The nice thing about the movie-buff friends is that, although I have no clue what goes into making a big-budget film, nor do I know about all the gossip surrounding writers and such, I always could count on the LA friends to want to go to a movie whenever I visited. Which, as I mentioned, was fairly often.

Now, I want to see Spiderman 3. I would think this movie would have broad appeal amongst my friends, and that they too would have been planning to see it on opening night for as long as I have (I'm now in the process of planning to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is due July 13th), but this is not the case.

I'm not averse to attending movies by myself, but I spend a lot of time alone these days what with the thesis eating up my life, so it would be nice to share a movie with friends.

No comments: