Thursday, June 21, 2007

Caffeine Freaky

My sleeping schedule has been out of whack for about two weeks. I've been getting up earlier and earlier, regardless of the time I retire for the evening. I've been sleeping on the couch again, so it might have something to do with the fact that today is the first day of summer, and the sun has been coming up earlier, and thus shining light in my eyes at earlier hours.

I've had nothing so far today but a big cup of coffee and am subsequently irrationally energized. I wish caffeine always had this effect on me. At the risk of sounding like some sort of addict (which I can't really be, since I don't drink coffee that much, I think?), I really love how caffeine helps me focus and affects my mood. Were I to be barred from consuming it (as my doctor once suggested), I would be a sad, sad individual.

As I am all energetic right now, I am motivated to change my blog. I want to add another list of sites to the side, but I am still not happy with this layout. It fails to make effective use of the full page. I am not given to the idea that the side columns should be left empty to draw the eye toward the center of the page, and thus, the blog text. I think of the blog as having many diversions. Much like the desktop of my computer, or my iGoogle (which, incidentally, is a really stupid name for Google Personalized Homepage), I like the idea of different categories of content all in one visual field. Like Netvibes. So, pardon the construction. I might break things in the process.

No comments: