Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Obsolescence

Despite my best efforts to use something until it is absolute junk, I may have to buy a new cordless telephone. I rarely use my landline, instead preferring the more immediate and multi-taskable IM, or the asynchronous e-mail. That being said, a home phone number is a good thing to have for job-hunting, school and long-lost friends and relatives.

My phone battery has been dead for a few weeks. I haven't deemed it important enough to replace immediately, but since yesterday I've been unable to find the proper replacement. At all. It is a Bell phone, and the battery is a 3.6V, 600mAh NiMH block. I can find 700, 800, 1500 mAh. But not 600. I can also find 400 and 500 mAh. But the battery itself says to replace it with a battery that meets the same specs.

So I suppose I'll try to find a replacement at Best Buy, but if I have no luck there, I'm going to dig out my old AT&T answerphone and ditch voicemail. Either that or I'm buying a new cordless phone. Fortunately, they're much cheaper now than the last time I bought one, which was about 5 years ago.

No comments: