Wednesday, September 12, 2007

DC bashing & not smoking

I had more cause for frustration last night when I went to Safeway, but instead of comparing the Alhambra Safeway to this one, I'm going to write a letter. I stood in line for over 30 minutes because there were three cashiers and a woman in front of me was insistent that her detergent was $3 off, and no one was in any hurry to do a price check or get a manager. You know how I hate waiting for no reason. This was definitely one of those times. I also hate shitty customer service.

In any case, I don't want this blog to turn into a Sacramento cheerleading site. It's pretty clear that I prefer it on many levels and I'd have to be significantly compensated to entertain the idea of staying here beyond my fellowship. And so, I am going to focus on the positive elements of this program and try to maximize my time here. Being grouchy without action will get no one anywhere. And it's not very healthy for me.

In more positive news, today is my 10-month smobriety anniversary! I haven't had even a drag from a cigarette in nearly the same amount of time (I had two drags in the first two weeks of my efforts to quit), and since I haven't been at the pub and no one in my house smokes, I'm around cigarettes much less than I used to be. I'm fortunate that this past winter DC implemented a smoking ban, as well.

No comments: