Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just because it's DIY doesn't mean it's cheap

I knew that my skin was not accustomed to the weather patterns and microclimates in this region. My usual heat rash reaction to humidity has turned into acne--humidity really exacerbates my skin problems. I can't count on my skin to be oily, though. Instead, since I don't think my moisturizer or soap are good for me in this region, my skin is peeling! In California my skin produces a fair amount of oil, so my moisturizers are oil-reducing. I'm not so sure that will work here.

I thought about some DIY beauty treatments, but I suspect that I will spend the same amount of money on ingredients that I would on something from the Body Shop. That might not be the case here, where fruits and vegetables don't grow on trees.

Unfortunately, DC lacks a centralized mall--I have to go into the 'burbs to have everything I need at my fingertips. Normally I would welcome the opportunity to explore, but lugging my laptop all over town is getting old!

I am such a Californian.

No comments: