Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Things to do in November

For whatever reason, November is the month of choice for concentrated projects with group components. The originator, National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which encourages participants to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days (30 days which include the Veterans Day and Thanksgiving holidays) has spawned several similarly ambitious projects. They always manage to entice a few of my friends into the abyss, and this year is no exception.

Jenn is participating in NaBloPoMo, which exhorts participants to post every day for the month. As I am a compulsive poster, I would probably have no issue with this. But quality is always a challenge when quantity rules the day.

Quantity is slightly less of a challenge in Pam's case, where she attempts to collaboratively write a novel, one sentence at a time, with NaNoScriMo.

Finally, for masochist in me, and many others, there is NaKniSweMo, in which we attempt to knit a 50,000 stitch sweater in November. And I try to finish my thesis simultaneously. Should be a hoot. I've selected my sweater, and my yarn is en route. All I need is needles. Let the knitting begin!

No comments: