Friday, November 02, 2007

NaKniSweMo begins!

My yarn arrived on Halloween, and Judy was kind enough to bring it to me when we met for happy hour that evening. When I got home I immediately began to swatch. The yarn colors I chose look different in real life than on my computer screen, which surprised me at first, but after finishing the swatch I think they will work.

Sorry for the poor lighting. I live in a dungeon-esque space.

In Sacramento-related knitting news, Franklin Habit (of The Panopticon) takes his 1,000 knitters project on the road. Franklin entices knitters of all stripes to work on a scarf (the same scarf) while he photographs them (beautifully, of course). He's gotten some famous folks to participate too, like Brandon Mably and Kaffe Fassett.

So you lucky knitters who live in Sactown and are actually there right now, unlike me, can thank the Camellia City Stockin'ettes for organizing the first non-Illinois-based shoot for the project. It's tomorrow in Gold River. I hope some of you read this and go check it out.

No comments: