Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sad and strange

Not much is up for discussion today in DC, aside from the untimely death of Redskins player Sean Taylor. He died of a gunshot wound to the femoral artery, in the aftermath of a break-in/burglary that I suspect has greater reach than a simple home invasion. In any case, it's tragic to see a life cut short and to know that his little girl will grow up without a dad. It always breaks my heart when young parents die, celebrities or not.

Equally sad is the news that my friends' mom, recuperating from a stroke a year ago, had another last week and never recovered. I don't know at what age it's easy to lose a parent. I only hope that the end was brief and pain-free for the mom, and that my friends find peace in the time they were able to spend with her.

No comments: