Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hedonism's last stand

I think that economically and politically, 2008 is going to S-U-U-U-U-CK. With the assassination of Benazir Bhutto (and ensuing shitstorm), the sale of defense systems from Russia to Iran, the stupidity of the 2008 election, the deepening housing slump and associated credit crunch, the $14 billion budget deficit in California, the continuing drought... I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Stock market crash, oil price skyrocket, the return of bird flu, a stupid nuclear disaster--anything seems possible right now.

As such, I'm looking for a good way to end the year. I had such a great time in SF last year that it will be quite difficult to top, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm game. I got to get my fun on before everything goes to shit.

No comments: