Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back on track

This time last year, I was determined to lose weight, get in shape and stay healthy. So was Savvy. We even created tracking spreadsheet to monitor calorie intake and exercise time. Savvy stayed the course and was quite successful in reaching her goals. I got busy and stopped counting calories. For whatever reason, I also started eating way too much meat, which is just about the best way to blow an eating plan (says the former vegetarian). So, once again, I'm using my twin aides of FitDay and the spreadsheet to stay on top of things. I've given myself a goal of losing 20 pounds by the end of May, which will require that I lose 5 pounds a month starting February 1st. I decided not to try to lose as much weight as possible, as quickly as possible (technically up to two pounds per week), because I want to change my eating and exercise habits so that they're automatic. I think that will take more time and will, according to the experts, ultimately insure success. I've been far too indulgent with the sweets and portion sizes. It's time to rein myself in!

No comments: