Thursday, January 17, 2008

Descriptive

The Capitol Alert content, which the Sacramento Bee attempted to charge a whopping $500 per year for the privilege of reading, even though it's mostly a bunch of snark (which, if you know me in real life, you know I'm not that into in terms of political reporting), is now free. I get the alerts, which show up in my inbox a few times a day. It's a nice quick review of capitol news without forcing me to read the RSS feed, which I no longer have time to do. Even so, when I am intrigued by an item, it would be nice if it contained a little bit more information than this blurb, which stops short of telling me a damn thing I don't already know about Pete Wilson and Proposition 187 and the shift among Latino voters to the Democratic party. Instead of reading like an interest item, it's more like a teaser ad intended to get folks to purchase the book. Whither analysis, news organization?

No comments: