Sunday, January 20, 2008

A long search, almost complete

About 3 or 4 years ago, I purchased this yarn to make a fitted raglan sweater with sleeves that matched one of the colors in the colorway. At the time I chose an off-white that matches, somewhat, the yellow in the yarn. There's also a gray that looks sort of blue once knitted up. In any case, I'm lucky that Stefanie Japel created Bad Penny, because it's essentially what I was trying to do. I'll alter this pattern in several ways, though, because I'm like that. First, I will probably try for a 3/4 sleeve. I'll also lengthen the torso and probably do some more extreme shaping at the waist. I still have no clue what the accent color will be. No matter, Rumpelstiltskin keeps a wide selection of Plymouth Encore, so it shouldn't be too terribly hard to find something. I'm still thinking that a blue would be nice, despite the vaguest of matches.

No comments: