Sunday, February 17, 2008

Basic Brown

As I listen to the two week-old podcast of KCRW's Left, Right and Center, I am reminded of an upcoming event which I'll be doing my best to attend. This Tuesday night at the Crest, Phil Eisenberg will interview Willie Brown. Willie Brown, love him or hate him, is part of the fabric of modern California, and I'll hazard a guess that this conversation will be one of the most interesting in the California Lectures series. And, since some (many) see him as the catalyst for term limits, which wrought the crazy leadership rollercoaster we have in the legislature today, I'll be looking forward to what he has to say about governance, term limits and initiative-driven constitutional amendments that restrict the power of the legislature to get anything done.

Tickets are $25. For more information, go here.

No comments: