Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Diet discipline

After weeks of eating out for lunch, I think that for the month of March I will commit to bringing my lunch at least two days a week. While it's fun to work downtown and be able to go to different restaurants everyday, eating out all the time is getting pricey and feels ostentatious and wasteful. I'm not oblivious to the increase in prices everywhere. I also note that my evenings tend to cost me money as well, as my social life is mediated largely by establishments where I feel compelled to purchase food and beverage. I don't know what the alternative is though, aside from spending all my time at the library and at home by myself. With the weather improving, there's a good chance that I will be spending more time outside, though, which is a generally free activity.

There's always taking advantage of my internet connection to keep up with the news and opinion. I really liked this op-ed on the nomenclature of blackness, which I stumbled across yesterday. Of course, the web doesn't help me structure my thinking very well, which conflicts with my plan to improve my thinking skills. Well, I'm sure I'll figure it out. Off to work!

No comments: