Monday, February 11, 2008

A sporting contest

I'm trying really hard not to blog about politics anymore. It's hard, because primary through election season is when I do my best blogging. However, it wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

I'll say this, though: I like that my personal take on how the election contest is shaping up could be compared to my view of several major league sports contests this past year. If there's one thing I hate, it's when a contest, of any kind, is lopsided. Hence, my excitement at the NY Giants impressive win against the stupid Patriots (which are now the Yankees of football in my mind), at the fact that my basketball boyfriend Kevin Garnett is finally on a team that can help him prove that he is the winningest basketball player around, and that Roger Federer *and* Rafael Nadal got their butts whooped in the Australian Open. Parity is good for everyone.

And even though I would never personally vote for anyone of a certain political persuasion save perhaps my governor and a few others, I can say that anyone who has a shot at winning the current election wouldn't prompt me to seek political asylum.

And I could really get behind this new third party, the Fibertarians.

No comments: