Friday, March 28, 2008

A Day's Journey into Night

My schedule has been erratic all week, its only consistency being the fact that I go to work for many hours every day. I don't even remember Monday night at this point. I think I ate Thai food for dinner.

Tuesday night I went to Harlow's to see Nada Surf. Their set was preceeded by a few tunes from Sea Wolf. Aside from a few slow parts exacerbated by the fact that I hadn't eaten dinner, the show was pretty enjoyable. However, it's always difficult to sleep after concerts, especially when I forget to wear ear plugs and have to deal with the ensuing temporary tinnitus. And thus, my week was thrown off indefinitely.

I keep overestimating how much time I have to do things in the evening. It doesn't help that I fell asleep at 9:30 last night, and then woke up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:00AM and 4:30.

I think the problem is that I need to give up on going to the gym in the morning, because I just hit the snooze button for over an hour. I used to pride myself on not needing very much sleep, but that hasn't been evident of late. I must be getting old.

Hopefully, the upcoming three-day weekend, whether I have to work or not, will give me an opportunity to reset and get back to a normal bedtime and waking hour.

No comments: