Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forgetting something?

I was on top of it all this morning. Mitzie started yowling for food around 5:15AM. I beseeched her to shut up and hit the snooze button on my alarm for about half an hour, finally succumbing to her insistence. I had hoped to receive final comments from my thesis adviser overnight (he'd originally promised to send them by Wednesday), but had nothing to look at when I awoke. So, I made coffee and sent him an e-mail.

I have been threatening to ride my bike to work for several days now. The continued mention of the potential for rain has prevented me from actually doing it, but the weather report assured me that none was forecast for today (or tomorrow, either), so I decided to make it happen. I packed a toiletry bag, picked out my clothes and transferred everything to my backpack. I remembered my yogurt, my sunglasses, my bike helmet, deodorant, moisturizer, lotion, earmuffs (I get headaches from the cold), windbreaker, bike locks and the key to the bike locker at my building.

Know what I forgot? My only timepiece--my cellphone.

No comments: