Thursday, June 12, 2008

Something to say

I feel like I should be writing more here. I haven't written much of anything for some time, and for me that means inevitable atrophy of my verbal abilities. Fortunately, I've been reading Deep Survival, which, though grating at times, is a well-written meditation on how the brain works to undermine people in extreme situations.

My lull at work is over. I've been traveling and scrambling to finish two projects simultaneously, all while wistfully contemplating the cleaning and organizing I'd hoped to do upon finishing my thesis. I'm determined to stay away from the office this weekend, to actually spend time in my (no doubt sweltering) apartment getting my life back in order.

I have a million and one projects to consider, and the state of affairs internationally, economically, and climate-wise is alarming and worthy of discussion (listening to the news is like hearing a report on the apocalypse), but first, I need a diversion: the new Knitty is posted. Only one pattern, Gigi, really appeals to me, but I am reminded of one of my main projects for this weekend-- to create a catalogue of my yarn stash. Prepare to be amazed by its vastness!

No comments: