Thursday, July 03, 2008

Holiday Parties

I keep threatening to have a party at my place. I haven't had a proper party in nearly three years, and I happen to think I'm pretty good at them. I like bringing all my friends from disparate groups together for an evening of great food, conversation and, of course, libations. I envision the courtyard strung with paper lanterns, tiki torches around the perimeter, rope lights strewn through the magnolia tree. I'd serve lots of hors d'oeuvres, like marinated beef kabobs, bite-sized strawberry shortcakes (made with Nilla wafers and lowfat Cool Whip and a sprig of spearmint), neapolitan popsicles, something that incorporates blueberries and limes, and brie and apples. I'm sure I could come up with more interesting things if I thought about it longer. For drinks, there would of course be mojitos, pomegranate martinis and mint juleps. I'm tempted to ask a friend to play guitar at this party too. Maybe I should have this for my birthday. I should probably check with my neighbors too.

No comments: