Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crap overload

I just called Thrift Town to see if they take donations on weekends, and was informed that they only accept donations Monday-Friday from 9AM-4PM. Is this their way of making it impossible to attain the best stuff for resale? Because last I checked, most people with nice stuff work between the hours of 9 and 5, Monday through Friday.

Or is it that the thrift stores are so inundated with our crap that they're making themselves less accessible for donations? My favorite donation fall back has always been the Goodwill on Arden, but it is a pile of rubble now. The thrift store on 33rd and Folsom fills up with donations long before I get my butt over there on Saturday mornings. And of course, the Salvation Army is not open Sundays. I have a decent-sized television that I no longer need and have tried to give to friends several times. I suppose I save a car trip by putting a sign on it and setting it next to my dumpster for the usual cast of dumpster-divers to pick up.

Now I need to figure out how to wipe my old mac hard drive and take that to an e-waste recycling center. And to shred, shred, shred all the papers I just removed from my storage space. As you can see from my latest living room decorating efforts, I'm almost done with Decrapin8. Amazingly.

No comments: