Monday, September 08, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Today, despite arriving at the bus stop almost 4 minutes before the scheduled time, the bus nearly left without me, and the bus driver intoned "just made it" as I ran to catch the bus. I think they should change the approximate arrival rule to two minutes, or stress that even the timing point times on the schedules are just a suggestion. If I rode any other bus route to work, I could be waiting a while for the next one.

And there's today's RT rant.

In other news, I picked grapes to make Chenin Blanc Saturday. We got permission to pick the ends of the rows at a vineyard near the Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg. It was hot, dusty, wasp- and bee-riddled work. After that we hauled the grapes back to town and commenced crushing and pressing. Now I'm sore, but I can't wait to see how the wine turns out! Read more about our endeavors at this site.

All this winemaking makes me wish I had known more about it when I wrote science curriculum. A unit on champagne would have been really fun.

No comments: