Monday, November 10, 2008

Amazing tea, okay coffee

I've been working near CalPers for my current work assignment. There's not a whole lot over here aside from the CalPers cafeteria (currently being remodeled), which has great food, but is always busy. Fortunately, for caffeine I don't have to go quite as far: I've been hitting up Chocolate Fish Coffee at the corner of 3rd and Q for my fix. A friend warned that the coffee left something to be desired, and I've been trying to become less addicted to the stuff, so I have instead been opting for tea.

This little place has the best tea I've had in a really long time, at least from a cafe. Since last week they've had a green tea selection called Japanese Little Dragon that is quite possibly the most perfect green tea blend I have ever had. It tastes like Jasmine, with a note of strawberry, and it smells phenomenal.

I also like their brownies and rugelach.

In other news, I went to a marriage equality rally at the Capitol yesterday. It was the first time I've ever gone to a rally in California. Can you believe that? The only other rallies I've been to were the anti-WTO rally in Seattle (not, fortunately, the one that turned violent) and an anti-IMF/World Bank rally in DC. I'm not really anti-IMF/World Bank though. I just wanted to see Trans Am.


No comments: