Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dharma

Even before I got news this weekend that shook me from my blissful post-inauguration state, I had been feeling adrift and unsure of my place in the world. I think I have an inconvenient worldview (read: self-absorbed) that makes it difficult for me to enjoy my life and make positive changes.

My latest yoga journal e-mail reminds me that I'm too hard on myself, that life is a journey and nothing is final. So, while I struggle to make sense of the set of facts before me, I can keep my eye on the prize with the following guiding questions.

1) How do you make use of your passions and talents to fulfill the highest expression of yourself?
2) If you had all the time, money, and energy you wanted, what would you do?
3) If you had no fear of failure, what would you do?

So simple, yet so effective. I may not know the answers to these questions now, but I know my marching orders.

No comments: