Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Not working

Well, this privacy thing really isn't working for me or for my readers, that much is obvious. I've probably lost half my readers in the 3 days my blog has been off limits. Curse the Bee for being so rude and out of touch.

So, I'm working on a solution. While I'm in DC, I'll be using my time to great advantage, developing my very own web site. It will resolve to postcardsfromsacramento.net and may or may not be run on wordpress or blogger or whatever. (Suggestions for easy, flexible platforms are most welcome.)

It's been about 2 years since I coded anything of consequence, but I have a couple O'Reilly books that should help. Unless everything is so different that I'm in the weeds. In which case I will simply steal someone else's work and mod it to fit my needs.

I've been wanting to create my own site, and to redesign my blog, for a while now. Perhaps this Bee debacle is just the kick in the pants I needed.

No comments: