Monday, January 19, 2009

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Sometimes, experiences are best expressed through photos rather than words. I went to the We Are One concert on the mall yesterday with Princezz and her friend B. We met up at federal triangle and headed toward the Lincoln Memorial, getting as far as the Washington monument. Fortunately, a lot of jumbotrons were strategically placed on the mall. I spent my time taking photos of them with the excellent digital zoom on my camera. The concert ended with U2 singing "Pride (In the Name of Love)" and thousands of people in the crowd singing along. I tried to document as much as I could, and I posted a lot of pics to my flickr account, but I haven't had time to tag them:

It was a triumphant end to the show. Afterwards, Barack took the stage to address the crowd. It was a somber speech, mostly gleaned from his speech following his election night win. And when he walked off stage, none other than Pete Seeger sang "This Land is Your Land."

Indeed, it certainly seems so.

No comments: