Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Run to Feed the Hungry

Like they always used to say in the Looney Tunes, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

For years, I have railed against the Run to Feed the Hungry, largely because I become trapped in my neighborhood on Thanksgiving morning. I have two grocery stores within a short, but not really walkable distance (especially not on a day when I have so much cooking to do), and my routes to both are cut off by the runners at just the time that I need to run to the store.

Usually, I remember to make a donation to Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services, the organization the run benefits, but I have balked at insisting on the recognition that goes along with getting up early and traipsing through East Sacramento with 28,000 of my neighbors.

This year, however, I have seen the light. While it is admirable that I might remember to give to charity without the prompting of zealous runners, many people will not. I can capitalize on our natural sense of altruism and holiday guilt to encourage others to sponsor my participation as well.

Best of all, I don't have to run.

So, if you want to help me raise $250 for the food bank, visit the link below:

https://secure2.merchantcart.net/fth//MyWebPage.cfm?pID=423408

No comments: