Saturday, June 02, 2012

I've been a busy little bee

I don't think I've ever gone this long without posting on my blog. I have about 5 volunteer projects going right now, and I've been on vacation for the past week to work on them. Despite this, I haven't thought about shutting it down. In fact, despite the ubiquity of other sites about Sacramento, I've decided that mine can still provide a perspective on the city that is different and offers value, both to me and the community.

So, once the primary election is over, I'll be updating this site. The focus will be civic engagement, philanthropy and public finance in Sacramento with an eye toward other models. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've been looking for ways to mesh my hedonsim with a desire to do good. Fortunately, everything seems to make that easier these days - all parties have a reason, if you will. I intend to continue that. Who knows, maybe it's a new/old way to get important work done. I also think that it's really important to figure out how to create and generate additional revenue for cities and counties to work on social issues, many of which have been de-funded over the past several years because of an over-reliance on state funds. I'd like to explore how we can counteract this and other ways to fund charitable works and preserve public goods.

No comments: