Sunday, December 16, 2012

There is no such thing as a functioning silo, unless it's holding grain.

Every single thing that everyone is working on for Sacramento - sustainability, food systems, transportation, homelessness and other social services, education, land use, the arts, economic development - is connected in some way. Actually, in many ways.

Just about every time I talk to someone about their projects, my mind makes rapid connections and recognizes synergies (aka opportunities to collaborate) with other groups and projects I know about. I love that so many people are working to improve our city, but I wish we could accelerate their progress. There's virtue in decentralized efforts, which function as experimental labs to test various interventions, but I can't help but think that better coordination would catalyze the effectiveness of all the programs and efforts.

I want to do this.



No comments: