Saturday, January 26, 2013

Frequency

It's time to start posting on the regular. I've been meaning to for some time. I have a bunch of ideas swirling around in my head, so much so that I've got a touch of analysis paralysis. I decided to up the ante this year by agreeing to join the Girls on the Grid, writing about policy and politics in the city and regionally that affect the grid directly. This is no small feat, given the grid sits at the nexus of so many city issues - from dry ones like lighting districts and trash pickup to gnarly, complex ones like public safety, school closures and economic development. I feel up to the task and I'm very excited to provide this perspective. I'm also stoked to find my writing style again and get back into the groove of regular commentary.

I'm also judging the Sacramento Press Journalism Open. You'll see some wonky writing in my responses there. Bear with me.

Stay tuned. I am somehow going to have to both find a way to do the essential and write prolifically.

In the meantime, I'm off to bacon brunch at Golden Bear. Viva Sacto!

No comments: